Theraplay as a Play Therapy Model
Theraplay is a dynamic and effective short-term approach to treating children’s emotional, social and behavioural problems. Based on the intimacy and physical interplay that characterize normal relationships between parent and child, Theraplay as a play therapy technique uses structured play to enhance healthy attachment, self- regulation and to promote the child’s self-esteem, competence and trust in others.
Theraplay as a play therapy model is applicable to children of all ages from infants to adolescents. Methods for guiding parents to observe their children more emphatically and to participate in direct application in treatment sessions aimed at fostering better parent-child relationship will be reviewed.
1. Identify the theory and research underlying Theraplay
2. Understand how Theraplay as a play therapy model can strengthen attachments 3. Understand how Theraplay can be used to treat relational difficulties
4. Understand how to use Theraplay to identify the strengths and weaknesses in a parent-child relationship
5. Identify the dimensions of Theraplay
6. Understand how to apply the techniques of Theraplay
There are no reviews yet.